How to Group Document Lines
Grouping document lines is a feature available in the estimates, vehicle inspection estimates and jobsheets; this feature enables you to group the document lines under the same job or category. In this article, we will look at the various ways of grouping the lines.
In this article
- Grouping document lines by creating a group and then adding the lines
- Grouping document lines by selecting the lines and then creating a group
- Grouping document lines from the checklist attention items
- Grouping document lines from the service package card
- Print or preview the document
Grouping document lines by creating a group and then adding the lines
The grouping feature is located above the Lines section in a document, under the name Group Items. To create a group:
- Type in the name in the Description column.
Click on the cell under Line Count along the line you have created a group.
- From the window that opens, select the lines to add to the group and close the window.
- The selected lines are added to the group, and the Line Count column shows the number of lines in that group.
The other way to add the document lines in a group is from the Lines section:
- Click on the line cell under the Group Description column.
- Select the group to add the lines.
Grouping document lines by selecting the lines and then creating a group
- Select the lines to group in the Lines section.
- Click on Functions.
Select Create Group Items from the actions bar in the lines section. All the selected lines are placed in one group, with the group name being the description in the top selected line.
You can change the group name from the Group Items section.
Grouping document lines from the checklist attention items
While working from a vehicle inspection estimate, there are issues identified in the vehicle which require urgent attention. From these issues, you can create groups to enable you add items and labour.
Suppose you have identified that the vehicle requires service based on the mileage since the vehicle was last serviced. In that case, you can create a group under this heading (or rename the group to ‘Full Servicing’) and add servicing items and labour.
To create a group from the checklist attention items, you first need to work on the checklist lines and identify the ‘requires urgent attention’ lines. Then:
- From the Group Items section actions bar, click on Manage.
- Select Add Checklist Attention Lines; this takes the lines marked ‘requires urgent attention’ and pre-creates the groups for you.
The Action Category is pre-selected to Required.
- After the groups have been created, add the items and labour in the document lines as required and match the lines with the pre-created groups.
- You can match the lines to the groups using the previous methods explained above.
Grouping document lines from the service package card
To group the items and labour in a service package:
- Click Look Up, and elect Service Packages from the document actions bar.
- Select the service package you want to be grouped.
Click on Card from the service packages versions page.
- Select the slider Create Group Items from the opened service package card to group the items and labour in the service package.
- Go back from the page and add the service package to the document; this creates a new group with the service package heading.
Print or preview the document
After creating the groups, when you preview or print the document, all the grouped items appear under the group’s heading.