Creating a Jobsheet
There are various methods for creating a jobsheet, as described in this article. In this article we’ll look at the standard way to create a new Jobsheet:
- Select Jobsheets in the Home Screen, and then choose New.
Select the Service Type - This is the type of job to do.
- Fill in the Vehicle Registration No.:
- If the vehicle is in the system, the customer card will be auto-filled.
- If the vehicle is not in the system, the system will look it up using VRM to obtain the vehicle’s details.
Enter the current vehicle mileage, in the Mileage field.
- After the VRM lookup for the vehicle, enter the customer information:
- If the customer’s information was previously entered for another vehicle, the system will obtain the customer’s information and link it to the vehicle.
- If the customer is new to the system, the system will prompt you to Create a new customer card.
- Fill in Address & Contact FastTab in the Customer card:
- Select Lookup Address from Postcode, enter the Postcode, click OK, and then select the appropriate address.
Fill in the contact information, including phone number and email address.
- You can now add the following details:
- Arrival Date and Arrival Time - This is the day and time the vehicle will arrive on site, or when it is expected to arrive.
- Requested Delivery Date and Requested Delivery Time - This is the date and time the customer has requested that the car be delivered after the work has been completed.
- External Document No. - This is the number for the external document that is related to the work being done on the vehicle.
- Work Status Code - This is the status of the work being done on the vehicle.
- Vehicle on Site - This indicates that the vehicle is on site.
- Vehicle Staying Overnight - This indicates that the vehicle will be staying overnight in the garage.
- Collection and Delivery - This indicates whether the car should be picked up from the customer’s location and delivered once the work is completed.
- Key Tag Text - This is the number marked on the vehicle key attachment, which can also be a text.
- Key Tag No. - This is the number marked on the vehicle key attachment, and set up in the system to help also identify parts that belong to the vehicle by using the same number in a purchase order.
- Marketing Channel - This is the channel through which the customer found the business.
- Work Description - This is the description of the products or services being offered, it appears at the top of the invoice when printed.
The Vehicle Reminder Dates FastTab shows the dates on which various vehicle parts should be changed, serviced or checked.
Under the Checklist subpage, you can view and access any checklists that are linked to the jobsheet.
You can enter any information the customer has provided about the job to be done in the Comments subpage.
Under the Group Items section, you create groups where you add lines based on group title. The groups help in the categorisation of the lines. Read more here Grouping document lines.
- You can now begin adding Labour lines, Item lines, or Service Packages to the jobsheet:
- Type column - Select either Labour or Item to define what type of details are to be entered in the line.
- No column - Enter the number for Labour or Item as added in the system. For example, for labour, you can choose service labour, standard labour, and so on; for item, you can choose inventory items like air filters and engine oil, non-inventory items like consumables, or external services, and so on.
- Description column - This is the item or labour description that will appear in the customer’s invoice.
- Quantity column - Enter the quantity of items or hours to sell.
- Unit Cost column - This is the cost of an item to the business. This field is left blank for labour.
- Unit Price - This is the price at which the customer will buy the item or labour per unit.
- Unit Price (Calc) Incl. VAT column - When you click on the amount in this field, a pop-up window will appear, showing the Unit Price, Margin %, Unit Price Incl. VAT, and Total Incl. VAT, allowing you to do price calculation.
- Line Discount % column - If you want to apply a discount to the line, within this field, fill in the percentage discount.
- Line Discount Amount column - This is the amount applied to the line as a discount. By default this column is not visible, but you can use personalisation to add it.
Line Amount Excl. VAT - This is the pre-VAT total line amount.
The FactBox is located to the right of a jobsheet and provides quick information and links about the work being done on the jobsheet, the customer, and the vehicle, including a link to immediately Copy the VIN.
Grouping document lines
Creating a New Jobsheet From Various Places in Garage Hive
Taking a Payment and Posting a Jobsheet
Posted & Archived Jobsheets
Managing Key Numbers in Garage Hive
Customising Vehicle Reminder Dates