Processing a Vehicle Inspection Estimates (VIEs) in Your Trial
VIE in Garage Hive offer the ability to manage and monitor your up-sell, additional authorisation and estimates across all of your service staff. VIE are created by confirming a checklist such as, Vehicle Inspection or Quality Control.
In this article
- Create a VIE from a checklist template
- Carry out the vehicle checks from the checklist template
- Confirm the checklist to create a vehicle inspection estimate
- Add items and labour to the vehicle inspection estimate and change status
- Add customer authorisation and copy the authorised lines to jobsheet
Create a VIE from a checklist template
To create a vehicle inspection estimate from a checklist template:
- Click on Checklists from the navigation menu, and select +New.
- From the Template Code field, select the type of checklist you want to do.
Carry out the vehicle checks from the checklist template
- The checklist template created has fields to be filled according to the actual checks on the vehicle.
- For each field, there is colour codes to indicate the level of priority required (refer to the colour key).
- Besides every colour codes, you can add a comment.
Confirm the checklist to create a vehicle inspection estimate
After completing the vehicle checks, the checklist is now ready for the next stage:
- Click on Process from the top navigation bar and select Confirm.
- You will get a query if you want to create a vehicle inspection estimate, say yes.
After confirming the checklist, change the Process Status on the checklist to Completed, so as archive the checklist card.
Add items and labour to the vehicle inspection estimate and change status
From the role centre, you can check the status tiles of the vehicle inspection estimate.
After creating a VIE from the checklist, the status is Awaiting Action, to give the service advisor an alert to take action:
- Click on the Awaiting Action tile to open the VIE list, and select the VIE to work on.
- Add items and labour to the VIE according to the checks done.
- Change the VIE Status to Awaiting Authorisation from the customer, which moves it from the Awaiting Action to Awaiting Authorisation tile.
Add customer authorisation and copy the authorised lines to jobsheet
At this stage, you have already communicated with the customer and advised on which work should be done. The next step is to authorise the document lines:
- Scroll to the right on the document lines up to the Customer Authorised column.
- Tick on all the lines that the customer has approved.
- Click on Process from the actions bar, and select Copy Authorised Lines to Jobsheet. You are given an option to create a new jobsheet or merge it to an existing one; you could do either, depending on your preference.
- The VIE is now complete.
The VIE is marked complete and archived after all the lines are approved, or you could change the VIE status to complete for archiving the unapproved lines.
Welcome to Your Role Centre
Create Your First Booking
Adding Items and Labour to a Jobsheet
Creating a Purchase Order
Processing a Purchase Order/Invoice
Viewing Items to Return
Creating a Purchase Return Order
Processing a Vehicle Arriving
Processing a Jobsheet to Invoice
Creating an Estimate