How to Manage System Users Within Garage Hive
In Garage Hive system, you can add and remove users in the system. The user marked as system admin is the only user who can manage the users.
In this article
- Adding and removing a user licence
- Creating a Service Advisor user
- Creating a Technician user
- Enabling and disabling a user
- Password reset for garage hive user
Adding and removing a user licence
To be able to use user accounts in the Garage Hive system, they must have a licence. The addition or removal of licences is handled on the development side. So, to initiate the process of adding or removing licence:
- Use this link to raise a ticket. It will be taken up by a member of the support team.
- The user licence will be added or removed, and you will now be able to manage the users in your system, as indicated in the sub-headings below.
Creating a Service Advisor user
- Search for User Management in the search icon at the top-right corner.
The user management table opens; it displays all the users, their roles, statuses, user licences and the GH User licences for the system (right-hand side).
- To create a new Service Advisor user, click on Create User from the actions bar and enter the user details in the pop-up window.
The system generates a username and password.
- Click Next to enter user contact details and notification settings for the user.
Click next to specify the clocking preference for the user.
The following two pages allow you to add the Salesperson Code or use an existing salesperson and choose whether to send a welcome email.
After adding all the required information, click on Create to create the user.
- An email is sent to the new user with the login details, and they can now sign in.
Creating a Technician user
To create a Technician user:
Click on Create from the actions bar and enter the user details and contact details in the following two pages.
- On the third page, select Will be using Easy Clocking and add the Schedule Resource Group Code that the technician will be using. The Resource No. is automatically generated.
No salesperson is required on the following pages, and you can send out a welcome email to the technician.
- After creating the technician user, check the schedule to ensure the technician is added.
Enabling and disabling the user
To enable or disable the user:
- Click on Enable or Disable from the actions bar.
Password reset for garage hive user
To reset a garage hive user’s password:
- In the top-right corner, choose the search icon, enter User Management, and choose the related link.
Click on the name of the user you want to reset the password.
Click on Reset Password action, and then OK.
The user will receive an email with the new password and a link to login. When the user logs in, they will be prompted to change the password to a new password. The Old Password should be the password received via email, and the New Password should be the user coming up with it, and Confirm Password.
The password entered must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number and one special character. It must not have a sequence of 3 or more ascending, descending or repeating characters.