Creating a Purchase Return Order in Your Trial
Purchase return orders are documents you use to monitor and maintain all your returns. They help you track items you ship back to the supplier and receive a credit memo when processed by the supplier.
In this article
- Creating a purchase return order
- Shipping the items to the supplier
- Posting a credit memo from the supplier
Creating a purchase return order
- From the role centre, click on Purchasing and select Purchase Return Orders.
- Click on +New to create a new purchase return order.
Enter the vendor details and the items to return.
When you add items to return, the Inventory Comment field is automatically populated with a comment about when the item was last purchased and in which invoice. You can also manually edit the Inventory Comment field.
Shipping the items to the supplier
When the purchase return order is created, the items must be returned to the supplier for a credit memo to be processed:
- Click Posting from the menu bar and select Post from the submenus.
- The pop-up menu gives you three options to choose from, select Ship as you wait for the supplier credit memo; this means the items have been returned to the supplier, and now you are waiting for a credit memo from the supplier.
Posting a credit memo from the supplier
After receiving a credit memo from the supplier:
- Ensure that all the details on the credit memo match the purchase return order; the date, document number, and the amounts.
- Click on Posting from the menu bar and select Post from the submenus.
- Select Invoice from the three options, which posts the purchase return order to update the relevant ledger accounts and balance the stock levels.
Video: How to create a purchase return order
Welcome to Your Role Centre
Create Your First Booking
Adding Items and Labour to a Jobsheet
Creating a Purchase Order
Processing a Purchase Order/Invoice
Viewing Items to Return
Processing a Vehicle Arriving
Processing a Jobsheet to Invoice
Creating an Estimate
Processing a Vehicle Inspection Estimate