Before installing the Power BI App, you should first setup your Average Labour Rate in Garage Hive. - How to set your Average Labour Rate.
Installing the Power BI App
Power BI installation link:
To install the app:
- Click on the installation link above. Make sure you are logged into your Garage Hive Power BI on the same web browser.
After clicking the link, Power BI will ask if you want to Install the app, select Install.
- Once the app has installed, go to your apps on Power BI and open the Garage Hive Power BI app. Select the app to open.
When you open the app, you are guided with a warning at the top that says, “You’re viewing this app with sample data. Connect Your Data.” Select Connect Your Data. A page to enter your Company Details opens.
Enter your Company Details; you can find these by using the search function to find Power BI App Setup within Garage Hive.
Enter these details into the relevant fields.
- You will now be asked to authorise the connection to your Garage Hive system.
Select the Authentication method as Basic, enter your Username and Password (use the Web Service Access Key - click on the three dots to view) from your Power BI App Setup.
NOTE: We recommend using the Web Service Access Key since it’s independent of the Garage Hive system password. This means, if your Garage Hive system is reset, your Power BI App will continue working as usual without crashing.
Leave the Privacy Level Setting as it is and Sign In and Connect. Your will now start refreshing.
- If you successfully authorise your Garage Hive system, you should see the data refreshing under Workspaces, select Garage Hive app and then Datasets+Dataflows option.
- You can now add the app to your Favourites, for easier accessibility.
The app is now ready to use.
You can setup a refresh schedule, learn more here - How to refresh your data
Admin Portal Settings.
If you are having any trouble when installing, check the Admin Portal Settings.
To do this:
login to your Garage Hive Power BI and go to your Admin Portal.
Once you are in your Admin Portal, select Tenant settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and enable Install Template Apps Not Listed in AppSource and click Apply.