Creating a Placeholder Item
Placeholder Item is used when waiting on purchase invoice from the supplier; it enables you to add the items to the Estimates, Vehicle Inspection Estimates, Jobsheets, or Purchase Orders without the purchase invoice.
To create a placeholder item:
click on Items from the navigation bar in the role centre.
- Select +New from the items list page that opens.
- Assign an Item Template and click OK.
You can add an Item No. and Description according to your preference (in this case, the item no will be MISC and description Placeholder Item).
- Scroll down to the Costs and Posting section and select the slider on Placeholder Item.
- If you can’t see the option, click on Show More at the top-right corner of the section.
After creating a placeholder item, you can add it to a document for items you are yet to receive a purchase invoice. To add it in a jobsheet:
- Open the particular jobsheet and select Item from the Type column in the jobsheet lines.
- Start typing the placeholder item name in the No. column and choose it from the options.
- Add a description and unit price.
- You can as well Create a Purchase Order for the Item from the Jobsheet.
The placeholder item can be used as many times as need be.
When you receive the purchase invoice from the supplier, replace the placeholder item with the item in the purchase invoice. It is not possible to post a document with a placeholder item.