Customer Notifications in Garage Hive
In Garage Hive, customer notifications are system settings that allow the system to communicate specific information to the customer, such as MOT Reminders, Booking Reminders, Survey Notifications, and so on. These notifications enable the garage owner to engage the customer effectively while also keeping the customer up to date on important information. We’ll go over the settings for customer notifications in the system.
In this article
- How to set up customer notification
- Writing a message template
- Previewing and verifying message template
- Enabling customer notification and setting recurrence
- Viewing sent notification messages
How to set up customer notification
To set up the customer notification:
- Search for Customer Notifications in the top right corner and select it from the results.
The window that appears displays a list of all the customer notifications that have been previously set up.
- You can modify existing customer notifications or create new ones. We’ll make a new one to help you understand customer notifications better.
- To create a new notification, click +New.
- From the General FastTab, begin by assigning a code to the customer notification in order to identify it in the system. In this case, we’ll set up an MOT Reminder. So, we’ll enter MOT Reminder in the field Code.
Add the Description field as well, which populates the Display Description field but can be changed.
- The next step is to add the Type of notification to the system. The type of notification is usually predefined in the system; in this case, select Vehicle Date Reminder from the available options.
In the field Date Formula, enter the number of days (D), weeks(W), or months(M), preceded by a negative sign, for which the notification should be sent from the system before the due date. For example, adding -1W indicates that the notification will be sent out one week before the due date. If you add the number of days without a negative sign, the notification will be sent after the due date.
- The following fields are set in the section titled Vehicle Date Reminder:
- Vehicle Field - specifies the date from which the reminder date is calculated.
- Scheduled Time - specifies the time at which the customer notification will be sent.
- Vehicle History Formula - specifies the time period for which the system will look up the customer’s service history; if no service history is found within that time frame, the notification is not sent. For example, adding -18M searches any service history for the last 18 months till today.
- The following criteria are set in the section titled Existing Jobsheet Criteria:
- Service Type Filter - Specifies the types of services for which the customer notification will not be sent if the services are booked.
- Service Type Count - Indicates the number of service types that have been selected so that no customer notification is sent when they are booked.
- Labour Count - indicates the number of labour services selected so that no customer notification is sent when they are booked.
Each Customer Notification Type in the system has a different setup depending on how it operates.
Writing a message template
After setting up the details above, it’s time to create the message that will be sent to the customer. To add a message template, follow the steps below:
- You can either send a message via the email or the SMS or both. There are two sections to set up the messages for SMS and email.
- In each section, there is a field called Field Tags that defines the specific tags to use in the message template, so that the tagged field is automatically added to the text based on the service document selected. Some examples are as follows:
- [CustName] - When included in the message template, the Customer’s Name from the service document is automatically added in the message.
- [VehReg] - When included in the message template, the Vehicle Registration No. from the service document is automatically added in the message.
- [Make] - When included in the message template, the Vehicle Make from the service document is automatically added in the message.
- [Model] - When included in the message template, the Vehicle Model from the service document is automatically added in the message.
- [DueDate] - When included in the message template, the Due Date from the service document is automatically added in the message.
- [OptOutURL] - When included in the message template, the Opt Out URL for the notifications is automatically added in the message.
- Create a message in the field SMS Text and Email Text.
Hello [CustName], This is a reminder that your vehicle [Make] - [VehReg] is due for an MOT on [DueDate] according to our records. To schedule an appointment, please contact a member of our team. [OptOutURL] - Unsubscribe
Previewing and verifying message template
To see a preview of the messages you’ve added:
Enable the Send SMS and Send Email sliders and choose a Vehicle No. and Customer No. from which you can use the information as a sample. If you are satisfied with the message, click Yes for SMS and OK for email.
Enabling customer notification and setting recurrence
Scroll down to the Recurrence section and select the slider on the days when you want the notification to be sent.
Then, from the General FastTab, enable the notification to make it operational. After enabling the customer notification, it cannot be edited unless it is disabled.
Viewing sent notification messages
To see a list of the customer notifications that have been sent, use the search icon in the top-right corner to search for Customer Notifications Entries; the window that appears lists all of the details for the customer notifications that have been sent.