In this article
What you can export via the Sage Accounting integration
Garage Hive allows you to export your data to Sage Accounting; you can export the following:
- Customer Invoices
- Customer Credit Memos
- Customer Payments
- Customer Refunds
- Vendor Invoices
- Vendor Credit memos
In the top right corner, choose the icon, enter Accountancy Integration Setup, and select the related link.
- Select Sage Accounting as the Accountancy System in the General FastTab.
Specify whether the data should be exported using the posting date or the document date in the Export Customer Ledger by and Export Vendor Ledger by fields. The most commonly used approach is by Document Date. Garage Hive users are often limited to only posting within the current date, therefore the posting date may differ from the date on the invoice from the supplier, whereas the document date would match.
To authorise data sharing with Sage Accounting software, select Actions from the menu bar, then Sage Accounting, and then Authorise.
This opens Sage Accounting software, where you must log in to successfully authorise sending data directly to Sage Accounting software.
After logging in, you will see a notification that says Link to Sage established successfully and you can close the window.
Return to Garage Hive and enable the integration by selecting the Integration Enabled slider.
How to run the export
In the top right corner, choose the icon, enter Export to Accountancy System, and select the related link.
- Select the following options:
- Export Customer Invoices/Credit Memos - This will export all Customer invoices/credit memos for the given date range.
- Export Customer Payments/Refunds - This will export Invoice payments/refunds as well as payments to accounts within the specified date range.
- Export Vendor Invoices/Credit Memos - This will export all posted purchase orders/purchase invoices as well as posted purchase return orders/purchase credit memos within the given date range.
- Export Type - All or New. You may either export All of the documents within the date range or only the New documents. Selecting New will exclude any previously exported documents. This implies that it is important that you keep all prior exported files secure since they will never be reproduced. When using New, a transaction that has already been exported will be flagged and will not be exported again.
- Date From and Date To - Choose your date range.
- Under Catalogs:
- Export All Customers - This will generate an export of all customers in the system (It is highly recommended that you never select this).
- Export All Vendors - This will generate an export of all vendors in the system (It is highly recommended that you never select this).
Click OK, to start exporting the data.